Saturday 5 October 2013

Paper pieced chevrons



Today's challenge over at 365 Cards is to use a stamped image and fussy cut and paper piece it.

I started with my chevron background stamp and stamped it onto black, grey and aqua papers before snipping along all those zig zags and carefully glueing them onto a piece of white card.

The flower is from a Stampin' Up set (Pick a Petal).  I stamped so many of these petals onto all different colours of paper and cut them up in different ways, I just couldn't choose which method worked best, so in the end settled for two different types!

I had intended to cut the flower so it was level with the edge of the card but kind of liked it going off the edge.  It may be a different story when I can't find an envelope that it fits in  :-)

I'm entering this into
Runway Inspired Challenge #45  (I love the black and white stripes and the splash of bright rainbow on one side)














7 comments:

  1. Very fun card, those bright petals really bring the card to life!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bright and colorful flower! Love your chevron background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along with the Friday MashUp. The chevrons are really cool, and I like your colorful cut flower. It looks great off set- you may have to create your own envelope;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and funky flower - love the variety of colours you've used! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cut zig zags and the dashed lines around the outer edge of your card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that flower is so pretty! I love the various colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun and colourful! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Runway Inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...