Friday 18 January 2013

The Meaning Of Life



I've made this card for my brother-in-law.  I couldn't resist taking a page out of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for this birthday!
The sketch is from Sketch Saturday #241












And the colours are from Paper Players #128, Pacific Point, Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight.

The number 42 has been stamped in my closest blue to Pacific Point, cut out and stuck onto a circle of acetate.  I've stuck a circle of white tissue paper which was stamped in grey with big polka dots to the other side of this acetate
.  The sentiment was stamped in a Daffodil Delight-ish yellow and I inked the paper twine with this too to match it into the card's colour scheme.
Added a few grey sparkles and staples, and a blue faux stitched border, and bosh, tis done!

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday card! Love how you used the book page as the background and added the little pops of bright colors. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulously clever idea! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday last week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...