Wednesday 7 March 2012

A card for Mum


Thank goodness for all those wonderful weekly challenge blogs - I'm not sure I'd be able to design a card without their help anymore!  This one is for my Mum for Mothering Sunday and it's being entered into 3 challenges:
Sketch Saturday
Polka Doodles - polkadots or stripes
Stampin' for the Weekend - bingo!

As soon as I saw this weeks sketch on Sketch Saturday I knew I wanted to use it.  I love polka dots so getting them on the card was another plus (thanks PolkaDoodles), and then I saw that Stampin' for the weekend had a bingo game and polka dots were on there too, so I chose a line with polka dots, die cuts and flowers.
The big pink flower and swirls in the foreground are all sizzix die cuts, I mounted them on acetate to lift them up away from the card a bit.  The next layer I had fun stamping lots of flowers on around a circle then cut it out so that it has a (sort of) scalloped edge.  The next layer is a new technique I've discovered that's great for toning down bright colours - I had a pretty scrap of flowery paper that I loved the design of but it would have overpowered the card, so I glued a piece of pale pink tissue paper over the top (then ran it through my die cutting machine to get it nice and flat).
The last layer is a polka dot background that has lightly distressed edges.
Now, I'm off to find some more challenges to get inspiration to make a card for my mum-in-law too!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love that you've used a flower for the image. Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along at Polka doodles in our spots/stripes challenge! Great spots - lots of lovely flowers as well - a bonus! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...